Successful pet sitting
Policies and procedures
Policies and procedures for successful pet sitting services.
Meet & Greet Visit
An initial visit between APS management and pet family is required. Please have details input into Time To Pet portal before meeting including address, contact/ emergency info, and instructions for each pet’s care. Don’t forget to SAVE! At this visit, APS will ask to see each pet’s routine, medication routine, location of pet related supplies, and cleaning supplies. We will interact with all pets, explain APS policies, and answer any questions. Meet and Greets are $25. Please have 2 keys available. You can pay online with a credit card before your first scheduled pet sit or provide cash/ check at the meet and greet. Each future payment is expected before your departure via credit card or by leaving a check/ cash. If you forget, you will receive an emailed invoice. The first Friday after departure if payment has yet to be received, the credit card on file will be run.
Keys to your home
We require 2 ways to access your home. A key is securely filed at our office not with individual staff. We need to access your home in one other way. Options are:
1. Door code or Garage code if interior door is always unlocked.
2. Provide a second key inside of a lock box or other secure location.
3. You can remove key between visits if you like but please confirm key is in place so we don’t have to charge an additional visit fee to cover sitter driving to retrieve spare key filed at office.
Authorized Pet Sitters
Each of our sitters have clean background & reference checks, are fully insured and have the instructions you provide in our online system. Athens Pet Sitter has a strict no job sharing policy with friends, family, neighbors. Your home and pets are our responsibility while you are away. If a service, cleaning lady, landlord, etc. must enter home, please let us know when to expect them for the safety of our staff and security of your home.
Payment for Services
Athens Pet Sitter requires prepayment for service. Please pay by credit card through our secure Time To Pet online system before departure.
- Reservations For your first set of pet sits, it is best to schedule a week in advance to allow time to come to your home to meet you & your pets with our included Meet & Greet. Once we have met, we have several policies in place that allow you to schedule service up to just hours in advance. We do appreciate as much notice as possible. To schedule your service online up to 24 hours before your first visit begins, simply log on through the home page of our website. Under 24 hour notice reservations are often available for an additional $10 fee by calling / texting our office line 706.254.5232
- Holiday visits are also available for an additional $10 per visit. Holidays include: Thanksgiving week, the weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year’s, Memorial Day weekend, the week of Independence Day, Labor Day weekend.
- Cancellation Fee is charged to your card on file if you cancel within 24 hours of your first visit in the amount of $25. A Holiday Cancellation Fee incurred if canceling within 7 days of first visit. All visits between November 19 – Nov 27 & Dec 17- Jan 5 require a non-refundable 50% deposit charged to your card at time of reservation.
- Our sitters are available for 25 or 45 or 90 minute pet sits from 7am – 9pm 365 days a year. You can schedule visits within blocks: Morning 7am-9am, Midday 11am – 2pm, Dinner 4pm – 6pm, Evening 7pm – 9pm. Overnight visits are also available and include 10 hours overnight.
- Prices and service description show when scheduling via our app and via the portal. timetopet.com/portal Please check for current pricing and description when you schedule service. Again, note that payment is due before your first visit each trip and will be charged via the credit card on file the first Friday after your trip begins if you forget. If you prefer to have management run your card for you, simply ask. We can even add tip if you like!
Download our app by searching Time to Pet in your app store for instant notifications of our messages and instant ability to respond if you like. We answer texts / emails / calls between 8-5 daily. Messages through the portal are most effective so that your sitter and management both get information. In emergencies, texting provides the quickest response but will take time as we are mostly driving or have our attention on pets. You will get a monthly emailed newsletter and no more than 1 weekly special offer which you may opt out of at any time.
In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Pet Sitter is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home (unless instructed by client to do otherwise in writing). If circumstances beyond the control of Pet Sitter prohibit them from following instructions, Pet Sitter will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions. We have yet to have any weather related problems.
Security of pets
You must ensure that adequate supplies and facilities necessary to maintain your pet on your property exist prior to departure. We cannot be responsible for pets that are prone to escape or for damaged equipment/fencing. We will make every reasonable attempt to remedy any problems that arise and to contact the client if necessary. We inspect the premises for problems on the initial visit and during each visit while you are away. We prefer all pets that are outside the home (not in a fence or on a runner) be on a leash. If you request that a pet be allowed outside without a leash, we cannot be held responsible for the loss, injury, or damage that occurs as a result.
Food and Supplies
If you accidentally run out of food or supplies while your pet is in our care, we will purchase more on your behalf and supply a receipt for reimbursement and $20 fee for pick up.
More information can be found on our Frequently Answered Questions page.
ATHENS PET SITTER
We are a family run business and we consider our clients, both humans and pets, to be part of that family.